[hobbit] Alert Syntax and Notification log mismatch

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 13 17:29:22 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:18:12AM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> I did a bbcmd hobbit_alert --dump-config and looked for particular host testhost1

Could you try "bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test testhost1.here.net vmio 700" ?

That will simulate how hobbitd_alert walks through the configuration
while processing an alert for the host "testhost1.here.net" and
service "vmio", which has been red for 700 seconds.

> Wed Oct 12 09:23:33 2005 testhost1.here..net.vmio (1.2.1.251) sysadmin at here.net,oncall at here.net 1129123412 0

Odd - double dots in the hostname there. Any idea where they
come from ?