[hobbit] Hobbit Client vs netstat and vmstat columns

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 13 07:39:05 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 12:30:13PM +1300, Andy France wrote:

> I've only just started migrating from the BB client to the hobbit client,
> starting with my hobbit server.
>
> Everything looks fine, except the netstat and vmstat columns are now
> purple.  The odd thing is that the RRD files are still being updated!

Hobbit doesn't generate a specific column for the netstat and vmstat
data - similar to how LARRD worked if you had LARDCOMM=DATA configured
in your bf-larrd.sh script. You probably had LARRDCOMM=STATUS ...

> Also, although my vmstat.rrd file is being generated, the graph is
> broken.

It shouldn't break just because of switching from the BB client to the
Hobbit client. It WILL break, if you migrate your server from BB
to Hobbit - the BB vmstat data was a terrible mess with different data
layouts for each operating system, so the format of the vmstat RRD
files just isn't compatible between BB and Hobbit.

Any errors in your rrd-data.log (or larrd-data.log) file ?