[hobbit] Compile problem with Hobbit client

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Oct 8 20:29:23 CEST 2005

Hi Mike,

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 06:37:40PM +0200, Mike Eriksen wrote:

> First a "thank you" to Henrik for his presentation at the Linux BOF today
> in Copenhagen. Very interesting.

Thanks :-)

> Coming home I decided to try to make a Hobbit client for a thin client
> project I'm somewhat involved in (thinstation.sf.net). However, I got into
> trouble when trying to compile the Hobbit client in the custom Thinstation
> build environment. Next I decided to try on my vanilla Debian Sarge, and
> I got the exact same error message (running configure seem ok to me):

I think you downloaded the standalone client package from sourceforge.
This was a very early attempt at a Hobbit client which was only really
developed for NetBSD - I'll be removing this from Sourceforge, because
it is bound to confuse unsuspecting users like You.

Just grab the full Hobbit release (4.1.2rc1), and run
"configure --client" for a client-only build.

Regards,
henrik