[hobbit] Hobbit client reporting question

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Oct 3 23:01:55 CEST 2005

Hi Adam,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:44:45PM -0500, Adam Scheblein wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> I have a working prototype, and have tested it against tru64 and hpux
> and linux.  Unfortunately my c programming skills are not up to snuff,
> so i currently have it done as a shell script.  Where do you want me to
> send it -- to the list?  and also, would you prefer me to do it in C
> rather than shell?

Send it to me directly, I'll look it over and put it up for download
somewhere on the sourceforge pages.

The only reason for moving to C instead of a shell script would be
performance; or if it should become standard part of Hobbit. I
certainly don't mind having it as a shell script; it can also serve
as a demonstration that Hobbit does have the flexibility that lets
you do add-on modules with simple scripting languages.