Hobbit & MRTG - has anyone seen this?

Maschino, Shawn (GE Advanced Materials) Shawn.Maschino at ge.com
Tue Nov 29 19:10:31 CET 2005

            Hi all, I'm using Hobbit with MRTG and have it set up with
the bb-mrtg.pl script.  It is looking quite nice, the network admins
love it, but today on the non-green view page I had a server pop up with
a column for "traffic" being purple, and when clicking on it it brings
me some switch details being populated in via MRTG.

That was a bit surprising, I hadn't seen a "traffic" column anywhere
else, and my first guess was that the IP for the server and switch may
have been accidentally entered as the same, but they weren't.  The
switch is also reporting in via MRTG, the data is updating every 5
minutes even though it is showing as purple.  I'm about at the end of my
troubleshooting thought process, has anyone seen something like this
before?

Thanks,

Shawn Maschino
Technical Services - Server Operations