[hobbit] Command-line scheduled disable

Alon Ofek AlonO at BEZEQINT.CO.IL
Sat Nov 26 20:54:44 CET 2005

I wondered if there is a way to schedule, for example, that a monitor will go disable last Sunday in every month.
My DB that is going down for cold backup and sometimes I forget to schedule the monitor disable so I have the support waking me up in the middle of the night :=)
Thanks,
Alon

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 12:34 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Command-line scheduled disable

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 02:48:44PM +0100, Frédéric Mangeant wrote:

> would it possible to schedule a disable using the command-line ?
>
> Something like
>
> $BB $BBDISP "disable $MACHINE.$TEST $DURATION $START_OF_DISABLE"

There's a generic "schedule" command in the Hobbit protocol to do that.
You can put a "schedule TIMESTAMP" in front of any command and Hobbit will execute that command at the requested time. TIMESTAMP is a Unix epoch time (seconds since Jan 1 1970). So your command would be:

STARTTIME=`date +%s --date="$START_OF_DISABLE"` $BB $BBDISP "schedule $STARTTIME disable $MACHINE.$TEST $DURATION"

That is in fact how the scheduled enable/disable works when you use it via the Web GUI.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Bezeq International,
Thank you.