[hobbit] traceroute

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 23 15:11:55 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:31:36AM +0100, Peter wrote:

> I see in the man pages that it is possible to do a
> traceroute if the conn test fails. Is it also possible
> to always do a traceroute? And maybe even get yellow if
> it exeeds a certain number of hops?

No.

Running traceroute is rather ressource-heavy, and I would
strongly advise against doing that on all hosts - if you have
more than a handful of systems you test, it can easily cause
your network tests to take longer than 5 minutes to complete,
and you won't be able to have your status updated as often as
one would like.