[hobbit] Question on Alert Notifications

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 23 13:24:06 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 07:13:00AM -0500, Bill Perez wrote:
> Thanks Thomas.
> I am trying to find out how to take the word 'Hobbit' out of the alert
> subject and didn't find any info on that in the Configuring Alerts page.

That's because it isn't configurable. You'll have to edit the
hobbit-4.1.2p1/hobbitd/do_alert.c file - look for the "message_subject"
routine. In there you'll find some code that goes like this:

        switch (alert->state) {
	  case A_PAGING:
	  case A_ACKED:
		subjfmt = (include_configid ? "Hobbit [%d] %s:%s %s [cfid:%d]" :  "Hobbit [%d] %s:%s %s");

The "%s" and "%d" are placeholders for the hostname, testname etc. But
if you just want to delete the word "Hobbit", you can just delete it.
Run "make", stop Hobbit, run "make install" and start Hobbit after the
change.