[hobbit] encryption available for agent-server communication?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Nov 22 10:36:22 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:05:52AM -0700, Shi, Min wrote:

> On 1984 port, is the communication between agent and server encrypted?

No.

It's been requested once or twice before, but not enough for me to look
at implementing it. I don't think it would be terribly difficult to
implement support for running the communication over an SSL encrypted
connection - either built into the hobbitd daemon, or through a proxy-
like front-end to hobbitd. Hobbit already has support for talking to
an SSL enabled service (in the bbtest-net tool), so I have some
experience with how the OpenSSL library works.