[hobbit] Delay before seeing a new host in the Hobbit map

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Nov 17 17:10:20 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 04:28:04PM +0100, Frédéric Mangeant wrote:

> when adding a new host in Hobbit, it takes sometimes a few minutes for
> this host's tests to appear on the map (only the host itself appears on
> the map).
[snip]
> If I restart Hobbit, the host's test appear on the map

The "hobbitd" daemon which receives the status messages reloads the
bb-hosts file at regular intervals (at the same time as dumping the
checkpoint file). When you edit the bb-hosts file, it won't notice
until it has reloaded the file - and that might be a few minutes
away.

You can force a reload by sending a HUP signal to the hobbitd proces;
eg on Linux do "killall -HUP hobbitd". See the SIGNALS section of the
hobbitd(8) man-page.