[hobbit] hobbit + bb-xsnmp.pl

Deal, Richard rdeal at tigr.ORG
Tue Nov 15 21:05:19 CET 2005

I don't like the idea of performing ping tests from the script so it
just checks the status of the conn test, if it is red it scripts that
host for the xsnmp round.  It might be better to send a clear message.
Hobbit will recheck the conn test if it is red anyway.
My main problem was that we check 55 difference devices with bb-xsnmp
and many of them for different tests like cpu, memory, temperature,
uptime, fans, power, disk, bgp, etc.  If an access point goes down, it
is relatively minor for us but bb-xsnmp would hang causing about 300
purple alerts for good hosts.  With this small modification only the one
access point tests would go purple and everything else would be ok.
I am more of a C coder myself so I am sure someone else could improve on
what I uploaded (that is mostly why I uploaded it ;)
Butch