[hobbit] hobbit + bb-xsnmp.pl

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:43:28 CET 2005

The script was empty:)
Thanks for the info though, I really like the idea of it pinging
before checking. Also, I got hobbit to graph temperature by hacking it
to spit out the format that hobbit likes. Note hobbit expects the
third column to be degrees F, where as I just print the threshold.
Since the thresholds aren't really acurate (Some say 750C, some say
65535C, etc), and hobbit doesn't use the F column, I just put it there
for good measure.

Since a diff wouldn't do you any good either, here are the lines I've changed:

(line 2981, inside sub temperature_message)    # compose message
    $message = "status $commahost.$test $worstcolor ".scalar(localtime)."\n\n";
    my @indices = sort { $a <=> $b } keys(%statedb);
    foreach my $index (@indices) {
    my $description=$descrdb{$index};
    $description=~s/ |:|-|\(|\)|\\|\//_/g;
    $description=~s/__/_/g;
    $description=lc($description);
      $message .= '&'.$colordb{$index}."
$description\t".$valuedb{$index}."\t".$threshdb{$index}."\n";
    } # foreach my $index (@indices)

The only thing I have to work on now is splitting the graphs. My
7609's have 47 temperature sensors apiece:)

Thanks again for the help.

Dan