[hobbit] bandwidth usage in bytes on Linux

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Thu Nov 10 15:33:19 CET 2005

My vote would be for the method that uses the least amount of resources
(within reason).  If the data is available using existing interfaces and
does not require additional software (like mrtg), it's goodness (as long
as it's accurate).  I have no reason to think that ifconfig wouldn't be
accurate.

A separate graph per interface works for me (that's the way the mrtg
implementation does it).

The worst thing for a monitor to do is to become a performance problem.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2006 - Chattanooga, TN - April 7-11, 2006