Problem with badhttp

Paul Bliss pbliss at techvalleycom.com
Fri Nov 4 20:31:57 CET 2005

Greetings all,

 I've got an ongoing issue that I just can't seem to get around where hobbit is reporting http timeouts on what I know to be healthy webservers.
I've tried using badhttp in the bb_hosts file like so:
192.168.1.219   server.example.net              # smtp ftp http://home.example.net badhttp:3:4:10

I though this would clear up my problem as it should tern clear after 3 failures, yellow after 4 and red only after 10, but in practice, it still is skipping all stages and going right to red on I assume the first test. The "red" condition usually lasts only between 9 and 50 seconds, so it's very difficult for me to note machine state of the server and monitor system while it's happening.

 SO if anyone has a direction to point me in towards either getting badhttp to behave as I expect it or to get http monitoring to work out this intermittent error, you would be a hero to me.
Thanks

Paul Bliss
Network and Systems Administrator
TechValley Communications