[hobbit] sorry for the constant revision

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Tue Nov 1 23:44:13 CET 2005

Right then.  Straightened out thanks to Henrik's generosity with his time.
As a warning to my fellow knobs, here's the postmortem:

In bb-hosts, the group-only definitions controls the display of the
tests.  Group-only arguments do NOT call for the actual tests
themselves; they must be specified after the hashmark on the client line
normally.  (Client tests are reported by the client and don't get
specified after the hash.)  So, this fails to provide the expected info:

---
group-only      ldaps|ssh|cpu|memory|disk|procs hobbitses
10.10.10.15     brassai
---

and this succeeds:

---
group-only      ldaps|ssh|cpu|memory|disk|procs hobbitses
10.10.10.15     brassai # ldaps ssh
---

In the former, ldaps and ssh will have null info.  cpu -> procs will
display correctly, but no net tests will be called on brassai other than
ping, by default, as --ping is specified by default in hobbitlaunch.cfg
under the [bbnet] section.

I hope this helps anyone else new and blundering their way around the
config files as i was.

--
Rob Munsch
Systems Analyst, Solutions for Progress