No pages when going from yellow to red

Pat Vaughan hobbit at pvaughan.us
Tue Nov 1 21:00:01 CET 2005

On my AIX box running the Hobbit client I found that disk alarms aren't
generated if the condition goes from yellow to red.

I have rules to send an Email if it's yellow, and I always get that.  I
also have rules to send a page if the state is red, and I get those if it
jumps from green to red.  But, if the state goes to yellow and then to
red, the paging rule never fires.  There isn't a entry added to the
notification log either.

I've mentioned this before on the list, but never got a definite response.