[hobbit] issues with hobbit-enadis.sh (FIXED)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue May 31 22:11:21 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:06:59PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > But I do see a maint_header file in hobbit's web dir. It is little
> > different than the one comes with 4.0.4
> >
> > Should I manually replace all the maint_* files from web dir with the
> > one from 4.0.4's src dir?
>
> The old maint_header file did not get overwritten by the upgrade from
> 4.0.1 to 4.0.4. After I did the manually it is fixed now.

If you haven't modified the header/footer files in the web/ directory,
then "make install" should notice that and upgrade them with the newest
version.

However, since these files can be customized the install-tool will not
blindly overwrite them with a standard file. It calculates an MD5 digest
of the file and compares that to a list of the standard files that were
shipped with various versions of Hobbit - only if it finds one of the
standard files will it install the new version.