[hobbit] BB and 4.0.3 compatibility

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 25 12:53:06 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 10:41:39AM +0200, Peter Welter wrote:

> Does this means that the BBRELAY-option from a BB-server to a Hobbit-server
> on another host does not work anymore?

You can still forward messages from a BB server to a Hobbit server,
since the protocol used to exchange messages hasn't changed.

I just no longer guarantee that you can run Hobbit tools on top of a
Big Brother installation on the same server. In the old days, e.g.
the "bbgen" program (that generates the web pages) could load the status
of your monitor from the status logfiles maintained by the Big Brother
server - that is no longer possible.