[hobbit] hobbitd status-board not available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 18 05:50:14 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 01:07:43AM +0000, David Gore wrote:
> How do I fix this?  I am concerned that Hobbit appears to be fluctuating between all green and numerous alarming hosts.
>
> The hosts should be alarming.  This is after I have upgraded to Solaris 10, which so far has been a major disaster.
>
> Error output:
> Whoops ! bb failed to send message - timeout
> hobbitd status-board not available

This is usually an indication that Hobbit has crashed.

Check the /var/log/hobbit/hobbitd.log for strange messages
(it's usually almost empty), and also hobbitlaunch.log for
messages like "hobbitd terminated by signal ..."

If you see a message about "heartbeat lost", try removing
the HEARTBEAT setting in hobbitlaunch.cfg - there are some
cases where it doesn't really work well, and kills hobbitd
without it being necessary.