[hobbit] Non random SSL problem

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 16 11:37:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 05:32:24PM +1000, Paul Bury wrote:

> I am new to the list and relatively new to hobbit and I am having some
> troubles getting it working on a Solaris 9 box. I have the patch to fix the
> /dev/random issue. I have installed openssl-0.9.7g.
>
> When I build hobbit without ssl support it works fine. When I try and run
> ./configure and select yes for ssl support I get the following error
> message. It then prompts me to see if I still want to install with ssl
> support. If I answer yes to this it seems to work but any https: url's in
> the config file fail.
>
> The error received during configure is:
>
> Found OpenSSL include files in /usr/local/ssl/include
> socket           /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(rand_egd.o)
> connect          /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(rand_egd.o)

I think that's a bug in the configuration-script, and I am surprised
it hasn't been reported before. Could you try changing the
hobbit-4.0.3rc2/build/Makefile.test-ssl file - the line that reads

    @$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OSSLLIB) -o test-ssl test-ssl.o -lssl -lcrypto

should be

    @$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OSSLLIB) -o test-ssl test-ssl.o -lssl -lcrypto $(NETLIBS)

(i.e. just add "$(NETLIBS)" to the line. That should make the
SSL-configuration work, and then your https URL's should also be tested
correctly.