[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0.3rc2 available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 9 17:09:21 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:37:16AM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>
> >* A new reporting option lets you save the availability data
> >  in a comma-separated file, for import to spreadsheets.
>
> Is this cgi-bi/bb-csvinfo.sh?  I have to manually edit the menu to add
> it, huh?

No, it's currently only available by running bbgen with the --csv
option in reporting mode. I'll add something to the report-webpage so
you can get the CSV output directly.

> >* Updates of RRD files now use the RRDtool "template" facility
> >  to map data-values to the correct RRD datasets. This should
> >  solve the problem with migrating of vmstat data from several
> >  systems, including AIX.
>
> If I understand this correctly, this could help me get rid of 2 local
> patches that I maintain to keep RRD data consistent between my
> inconsistent legacy systems.  Is its use transparent or something I can
> tap into?  Right now I have to force some column re-ordering in a couple
> of  the hobbitd/larrd/do_xxx routines to make things work, and editing
> the source files has been the easiest & most consistent way to do it.

Yes, this was done solely for you :-)

It should happen automatically.

> >* A couple of log files have moved to /var/log/hobbit: The
> >  nkstatus.log file (from the "server/" directory); and the
> >  acklog and notifications.log files (from the data/acks
> >  directory).
>
> FYI to users going from older hobbit, you may want to copy over the
> contents of these files into these new locations, otherwise you could
> lose a lot of "history" in these areas (not to mention any current acks
> that are in effect when you apply the RC2 upgrade).

The acks shouldn't be affected, they are maintained by hobbitd in it's
own checkpoint file. At least if you upgrade from one Hobbit version to
another (not from BB to Hobbit).