NAME: options

Deal, Richard rdeal at tigr.org
Mon May 2 17:14:43 CEST 2005

We have several servers here of various type that are primarily DB
servers.  MY DBA, asked if I could create a page for him with all the DB
servers on it.

Some of the machines are solaris and some are linux so they are
primarily monitored by solaris and linux administrators and are on
similar pages.

So I created a page like this:

page DB DB Servers

group-compress <font size="+2">DB Servers</font>

0.0.0.0         lemond.tigr.org     # noconn NAME:SYBTIGR

since the DBA refers to the systems by the database names on each I was
attempting to use the "NAME:" argument to change the display name.

It does not seem to work unless it is on the primary or preferred line
in the bb-hosts file though.

The "COMMENT:" option also does not seem to work in this circumstance.

Butch Deal