edit script - still some rough edges

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon May 2 14:28:10 CEST 2005

I've applied the latest patches, and get an error:

>Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference
>at /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/bb-hostedit.pl line 1414.

>For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root at localhost), giving
>this error message and the time and date of the error.

This is because the apache user isn't permitted to write to
the /var/log/hobbit directory.  There should be a test on the file open
to see if it was successful rather than just bombing out.

Also, when a host is deleted, do you do a bb localhost "drop
deleted.host.name"?  I couldn't find anything like that in my cursory
perusal of the script.
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX
Austin Energy