[hobbit] MACROS

Thu Mar 31 05:25:34 CEST 2005

> Comma-delimited also works for some people, but that depends on your
> "mail" program. Why? Because a definition like this
>
>   $ALERTGROUP=kevin at domain.com,bob at domain.com,joe at domain.com
>
> ends up being passed as a command-line parameter to the $MAIL
> program. So if your mail-program understands a list of recipients
> separated by commas, it is actually more efficient because Hobbit only
> needs to run the mail program once with the comma-separated list of
> recipients.

Does hobbit understand that the comma delimited are actually individual
email addresses for the purpose of deciding who to page? ie, say you had
another rule which said don't page bob at domain.com, would it know to
remove bob at domain.com from the rule?

I'm assuming it doesn't, as otherwise, I assume it would know they are
individual addresses and pass them individually to mail....

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers