[hobbit] vmstat format for Red Hat 7.x systems

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 29 08:04:42 CEST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:48:09PM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Ever since I've started testing hobbit to replace big brother, I've
> found that I need to force the use of the debian3/linux 2.2 vmstat
> output format for the handful of systems I have that still run Red Hat
> 7.1 with 2.4 kernels.

If you want to avoid that, you could probably build a newer vmstat for
your 7.1 boxes and then it would work without patching Hobbit. I have
a single box running Red Hat 8, where I installed procps 3.x to get
the newer vmstat output.

If they can be useful, you'll find my rpm's of vmstat 3.2.5 at
http://www.sslug.dk/~storner/rpm/