[hobbit] Bbnet core dumping

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 24 22:39:54 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 02:17:07PM -0500, Sean Clark wrote:

> hobbit at homenet tmp $ gdb ../bin/bbtest-net core
>
> Core was generated by `bbtest-net --dns=ip --report --ping --checkresponse
> --debug'.
> Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
> Bbtest-net is not producing any logfile at all

That's rather unusual. Is this RC6, or ... ? What platform are you on?

Most of the cases I've seen where it crashes immediately turn out to
be a problem with loading of the libraries that bbtest-net uses. Are
you sure it can find the OpenSSL and OpenLDAP libraries ?  Try doing

   su - hobbit
   ./server/bin/bbtest-net --version

and see if it prints out the version numbers of the libraries.