[hobbit] rpm useful addition

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 23 09:47:53 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 03:50:42PM -0600, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> Great job on the RPM - I installed it (rebuilt SRPM) and it works pretty well.
>
> That will make deploying this much easier for my consulting
> side-business.
>
> One very useful addition would be a file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ with the
> apache config.

How to modify the Apache config is one area where the various Linux
distributions do things very differently. So for now I'll just provide
the apache config snippet in /etc/hobbit/hobbit-apache.conf, and let
the wise admin handle how to merge this into the active config.

> ScriptAlias /hobbit-seccgi/ "/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-secure/"
> <Directory "/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-secure">
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options ExecCGI Includes
>    <IfModule mod_access.c>
>       Order allow,deny
>       Allow from all
>     </IfModule>
>     <IfModule mod_auth_ldap.c>
>         AuthLDAPEnabled On
>         #AuthLDAPFrontPageHack On
>         AuthType Basic
>         AuthName "Hobbit"
>         require valid-user
>         AuthLDAPURL ldaps://127.0.0.1:636/dc=example,dc=com?uid?one
>     </IfModule>
> </Directory>

So you're validating against LDAP - neat :-) I should get that setup
on my box at work, really.