[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0 RC6 now available

Thiesfeld, Gordon GThiesfeld at webmd.net
Tue Mar 22 18:53:14 CET 2005

> This includes pre-built Debian packages for Debian/Sarge (i386 and
> SPARC platforms), as well as an RPM-package (built on Mandrake, but it
> will probably work on most recent RPM-based systems). These should be
> considered "experimental", although I am currently running the Debian
> packages on a full pre-production system at work, and the RPM package
> at home. Please let me know if you have any problems with these.

I'm afraid I need some guidance from someone with more linux experience than
I have.  When I try to install from RPM I get the error below.  I've been
running hobbit since at least beta4, so I think I should have all the
required libraries installed.  I'm running Fedora Core 3, and I've installed
all of the required packages w/ yum.   When I build hobbit, it finds all of
the libraries fine.

# rpm -i hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586.rpm
warning: hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID a8649321
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl-base is needed by hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586
        libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed by hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586
        liblber.so.2 is needed by hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586
        libldap.so.2 is needed by hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586
        librrd.so.0 is needed by hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586
        libssl.so.0.9.7 is needed by hobbit-4.0RC6-4.i586

Thanks,

Gordon