[hobbit] Hobbit compilation fails... (Mac OSX 10.3.8)

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:33:00 CET 2005

Hello Henrik,

For the /etc/password-thing.Mac OSX has the (non-priv) nireport
command. Checking for the existence of this user and home dir can be
done when you run configure as the created user:

bash$ nireport / /users name home | grep $(whoami)
hobbit  /Users/hobbit

bash$ STRING=$(nireport / /users name home | grep $(whoami))
bash$ USER=$(echo $STRING | awk '{print $1}')
bash$ UHOME=$(echo $STRING | awk '{print $2}')

Regards, Peter