[hobbit] Hobbit compilation fails... (Mac OSX 10.3.8)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 21 10:08:30 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:01:25AM +0100, Peter Welter wrote:
> As a BB-fan and System Manager, I'm interested in what Hobbit can do
> for me instead of BB. So I'm compiling Hobbit on my Mac running OS
> 10.3.8, with gnu make 3.79, rrdtool 1.0.49, prerequisite libraries
> (ldap, ssl, pcre; need version nr?) build from scratch using 'fink
> commander 0.5.3', so I'm able to run the configure script.
>
> I made some (minor) adaptations to have it run correctly since
> /etc/passwd is not actually used and the configure script won't run
> without these adaptations and the build/*scripts* to have it look for
> the libraries in /sw, where fink commander puts it results (libraries
> and so on) - (I'll supply them to the community after I have Hobbit
> running).

I've had some correspondance with two other people who have built
Hobbit on Mac OS X, and currently have a number of changes in my
source tree that makes Hobbit build almost without problems in that
environment.

The one issue that is pending is precisely the one you mention about
/etc/passwd not being used, so if you know how to work around that in
the configuration phase, I would be very interested to have that info.
If you send it to me, I can merge it for the final release.