[hobbit] Message alerts

Kevin Hanrahan Kevin at ewormhole.com
Sat Mar 19 18:16:57 CET 2005

I did!...for just one day. I got a message from some manager who was all hot
and bothered because she was not getting timely alerts or updates about
server problems and demanded to be put on the alert list! I warned her
several times that it might best for us sysadmins to let her know when there
was a prob but she demanded to have alerts sent to her pager
immediately....so I did as she asked.
The next day she was begging to be taken off the alert list! It seem sthat
she was kept up all night by her pager and got no sleep!

Welcome to my world!