NOTICE seems giving unexpected result

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Tue Mar 15 18:19:19 CET 2005

Hi

I like the notice option which works fine with the following rule

HOST=%(.*)
        MAIL notify at here.net NOTICE

However I am also receiving RED alerts to this notify at here.net address.
This email address is not in any where else in my hobbit-alerts.cfg
file.

According to the man page and I excerpt

"NOTICE Rule matches if the message is  a  "notify"  message.
     This type of message is sent when a host or test is disabled
     or enabled."

I should only get "notify" messages to my notify at here.net address.

Am I misreading the man page?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu