[hobbit] Multiple Hosts of MRTG

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Mar 15 13:39:46 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 17:57 +0530, Soumya K. Das wrote:

> 1. How do I put multiple  my $MRTGCFG = '’cfgfile.cfg’ in the
> bbmrtg-pl ?

You don't.  If the cfg files all have the same workdir, then just make a
wrapper file like:
bbmrtg.cfg
Include: /var/mrtg/internal/cfgfile.cfg
Include: /var/mrtg/public/cfgfile.cfg
Include: /var/mrtg/customers/cfgfile.cfg

then set $MRTGCFG to bbmrtg.cfg

My "mrtg.cfg" file has about 300 Include: statements, and I generate the
whole thing on the fly

> If I out same My $mrtfcfg field more than 2 times it takes the last
> cfg file only….

As you would expect perl to do.

The other option is to run multiple instances of bbmrtg.pl.  You would
have several stanzas in hobbitlaunch.cfg, one for each copy of bbmrtg.pl

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com