[hobbit] 'conn' history pages all showing red

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Mar 12 07:48:00 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 02:06:16PM -0800, Bruce Lysik wrote:

> So I just noticed that if I click on the 'conn' monitor, and then
>  the HISTORY button, all my hosts are showing red on that histogram.
>  Yet everything is fine otherwise.  They aren't actually alerting,
>  just the history page.

I think you need to show us the image you're seeing.

The histograms consist of the time-markers (showing the hours, or
days, or months) and the color-bar. The time-markers can very well be
red without there being a red stripe in the color-bar; that is just an
indication that there was an outage e.g. in August, but it was too
short to show up as a stripe on the color-bar. (That's what the
"Min. duration shown" tells you).

If the history is not updated correctly - i.e. the "Last 50 log
entries" is not up-to-date - then I would check permissions on the
files in the ~/data/hist/ directory and make sure hobbit has
write-access to them.