[hobbit] completely confused

Tim Rotunda trotunda at opushealthcare.com
Thu Mar 10 23:03:31 CET 2005

Henrik,
I have bb-central loaded but I can't get it to .def file to build unless
I manually run bb-central.sh.  Now I have to comment out the call to
bbnet, and insert a command I want to run between the quotes on the ssh
line.  Then it dumps the output from my ssh into bb-central.dat in the
tmp dir.

So after jacking with this most of my day, I decided to just run bb with
what looks like the data that the bb-xxxx.pl scripts are trying to send
and viola, I get something.  That seemed way to easy and tells me I need
to be pulling metrics and feeding them using my own code.  I am just not
real clear on how I feed data into hobbit and get the graphing too.
Where can I see details of the format for sending data into Hobbit.  I
used bb to send data into hobbit and it brought up a graph when I
drilled into that metric, unlike sending it from my own code via the
IP:PORT from a remote system.

Did that make any sense?
Thanks for any help.
Tim