[hobbit] two hobbit servers on the same machine

Marco Avvisano marco.avvisano at regione.toscana.it
Tue Mar 8 15:36:41 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Storner" <henrik at hswn.dk>
Newsgroups: lists.hobbit
To: <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [hobbit] two hobbit servers on the same machine

<m.avvisano at mail.regione.toscana.it> writes:

> >I try to install two hobbit servers that shared the data directory. What
do
> >you think about?
>
> You cannot run to hobbit servers off the same data directory. There is
> no file locking in hobbit, so you would easily end up with garbage
> files.
>
> >Do you think it's possible to force the restore status, for one server,
> >every xx seconds from the file hobbitd.chk?
>
> Sorry Marco, but I simply cannot figure out what it is you are trying
> to accomplish with this setup. I have a strong feeling that you are
> doing something very simple in an extremely complicated way.
>

> I *think* you want to setup a server with two sets of hosts - one set
> is for use by one group, and another set is used by a different
> group.

No, server1 (public) should make goup1 tests and publish it, while the
server2 (private) make group2 tests but must publish the results of the
group1 and group2 tests.

So i would like to make all using one server. Because i don't want to show
the group2 tests on the public servers, it's impossible for me to use the
pageset option.

Probabilly the best solution is to use a bb-net (using bbgen) that make the
group1 test and send results to two hobbit servers on the same machine using
different Ip, across a bbproxy

The bbproxy send to the servers also the clients status . The status message
of the hosts not included in bb-hosts files are dropped.

Marco