[hobbit] unexpected green mails

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 8 15:15:27 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 01:52:02PM +0000, Robin Wood wrote:
> This is the setting I have in hobbitlaunch.cfg
>
> [bbnet]
>     ENVFILE /home/bb/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
>                                      NEEDS hobbitd
>     CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse
>     LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
>     INTERVAL 30m
>
> I am wondering if the problem is that sometimes this isn't getting its
> data in before the alterer tries to pick the data up so the data is
> slightly over  30 minutes old and so causes the alerts to be sent
> out.

Yep, that is it. Network tests have a lifetime of 30 minutes before
they go purple, so if you only run the network tests with 30 minute
intervals, there are bound to be some occasions where the network
tests fails to update the status before the go-purple triggers.

Just don't set the interval that high - problem fixed.