[hobbit] yellow/red warnings based on conn time

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 7 17:18:30 CET 2005

In <dc9eccaf0503070805519caed7 at mail.gmail.com> Robert Edeker <idxman01 at gmail.com> writes:

>  Is there a way to specify warn/panic thresholds for the ping test?
>I'm monitoring several routers and would like to send notification to
>the network admins if things start getting too slow.

Not yet.

A future improvement to Hobbit is to define such thresholds and have
them implemented on the Hobbit server. That would allow you to use
such thresholds on any kind af data reported into Hobbit - including
your client-side tests, without any modifications needed on the client
side. I have a pretty good idea about how to do this - essentially,
there will be a module that looks at each status message just after
hobbit receives it, but before it is passed on to log the new status;
this module can then look at the data using the same parsing methods
as the LARRD module, and change the color of the status based on what
thresholds are set.

But that is for a future version.