[hobbit] Purple after RC5 install

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 4 23:48:05 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:40:09PM -0700, chuck morrison wrote:
> I installed RC5 on a new server today after running RC3 for several
> weeks without a problem. Initially RC5 picked up right away and was
> fine. After about an hour I now get purple on all conn, ssh, http and
> bdb items for every server monitored (including the hobbit server) on
> the main page. Each sub page I go to shows a purple background, but OK
> on each test.

Sounds like the network tests stopped running. Could you check in the
/var/log/hobbit/bb-network.log file if there are any messages about
what happened ?

Also, just to be certain, see if there is a section in
hobbitlaunch.cfg to actually run the "bbtest-net" command. Upgrading
Hobbit does update the hobbitlaunch.cfg file, and it just might be
that somehow it stripped a section out of the file. (It shouldn't, but
you know how things can be buggy :-))