[hobbit] Custom RRD graphs

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Tue Mar 1 16:35:31 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:06:34AM, Stuffle, David wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to learn how to create custom graphs.  I have it working for
> graphing license usage but I'm am not clear on a few things.  Here is what I
> put in the hobbitgraph.cfg:
>
> [license]
>         TITLE License Utilization
>         YAXIS Used Licenses
>         DEF:avg=license.rrd:license:AVERAGE
>         LINE2:avg#@COLOR@:Used Licenses
>         GPRINT:avg:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
>         GPRINT:avg:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
>         GPRINT:avg:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
>         GPRINT:avg:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
>

> My question is, what does AVERAGE mean in the DEF line?  What other options

man rrdgraph

OR

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/manual/rrdgraph.html

> are there besides AVERAGE?
>
> Also, the license count will always be a whole number from say, 0 to 30.
> Sometimes my graph shows, for example, 3.6 licenses used.   Is there an

You should be able to use CDEF get whole numbers.

Here is tutorial on that

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/tutorial/cdeftutorial.html

I would think RRD questions should be directed to RRD mailing list

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu