[hobbit] bb-mysqlstatus.tar.gz

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 27 18:23:19 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:54:26AM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> Has anyone used the bb-mysqlstatus.tar.gz--found in deadcat--or any
> other mysql script as bb external script? I like to use one that will
> work with hobbit. I am mainly interested in "how to setup the mysql
> larrd with hobbit" that comes with bb-mysqlstatus. The setup of larrd
> with mysql is explained for bigbrother daemon. I know it is quite
> different with hobbitd.
>
> Thanks for any help/suggestion

I think this can be handled by the new generic "ncv" module in Hobbit's
RRD handler.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try and pick up the latest
snapshot from http://www.hswn.dk/beta/ and install it.

Then change the TEST2RRD setting in your hobbitserver.cfg: Add
",mysql=ncv" at the end. (The TEST2RRD setting is renamed in the
current snapshot - it used to be LARRDS).

And add a line
   NCV_mysql="Uptime:NONE,Queriespersecondavg:GAUGE"
somewhere in hobbitserver.cfg. By default all data is tracked as
RRD's "DERIVED" datatype - these two are data-items are different.

Then run the bb-mysqlstatus.sh script as a clientside extension on
your Mysql server. This should trigger Hobbit to generate a
~hobbit/data/rrd/HOSTNAME/mysql.rrd file with the data from the
mysql-status script tracked. Then we just need a hobbitgraph.cgi
definition to generate the graph - will send you that later (gotta
run now - have a meeting in 5 minutes).