DNS syntax?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Jul 29 01:02:58 CEST 2005

What is the proper dig syntax?  I tried a couple of things:

0.0.0.0 ns1.example.com #noconn dig:soa=example.com - looked up A record
for foo.com, not the soa.
0.0.0.0 ns2.example.com #noconn dig=soa:example.com - just fails

I think I've got all the rest of the cruft out of my install - it was
running 4.0.1, and had something horribly messed up.  But I've just
deleted everything and rebuilt it from scratch.

I also have a SPEC file that has been relatively successful at setting
up a hobbit-client rpm.  I had to add a couple of things to the tarball
to get it to work, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX, CISSP # 78281
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com