External tests & larrd

Ger Maguire ger at fwi.ie
Tue Jul 26 19:16:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to get larrd to graph external data from a script and I think I
have
everything setup but there doesn't appear to be any data going into the rrd
files.
The logs seem fine and there are no error messages etc that seem to help.
The graphs
are on the page but just not getting data into them.

Can someone give me a pointer of how to check the data source etc or what I
should
Check and look at ?

I haven't added the scripts to the larrddata as my BB messages use status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ger.

hobbitlaunch.cfg entries

[larrdstatus]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=status
--log=$BBSERVERLOGS/larrd-status.lo
g hobbitd_larrd --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd
--extra-script=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/ext/la
rrd-ext.sh --extra-tests=clients

[clients]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD $BBHOME/ext/clients.sh
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/clients.log
        INTERVAL 5m

RRD script larrd-ext.sh
The script is generating data as when I uncomment the echo commands I get
the following data into the tmp file.

/usr/lib/hobbit/server/tmp/rrd_msg_13208
clients
kbwan3
19

19 is the output that the rrd files should be receiving and graphing.

#!/bin/sh

# Input parameters: Hostname, testname (column), and messagefile
HOSTNAME="$1"
TESTNAME="$2"
FNAME="$3"

#echo "$FNAME" > /tmp/hobbit.$HOSTNAME
#echo "$TESTNAME" >> /tmp/hobbit.$HOSTNAME
#echo "$HOSTNAME" >> /tmp/hobbit.$HOSTNAME

if [ "$TESTNAME" = "clients" ]
then
        # Analyze the message we got
        CLIENTS=`grep "connected" $FNAME | awk '{print $14}'`

        # The RRD dataset definitions
        echo "DS:clients:GAUGE:300:0:U"

        # The filename
        echo "clients.rrd"

        # The data
        echo "$CLIENTS"
#       echo "$CLIENTS"  >> /tmp/hobbit.$HOSTNAME
fi

exit 0