[hobbit] writing to /usr?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Jul 26 13:26:40 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 07:31 +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:42:20PM -0500, Daniel J McDonald wrote:

> > Of course, now that it can write things, it's complaining about
> > something else (can't read the /proc directory, since I run Mandriva in
> > paranoid mode....)
>
> For getting stats from a Linux box, you really need access to
> the /proc directory. Most of the standard tools collect their
> information there.

Naturally - it's just one more step...  Add the hobbit user to the adm
group, change the permissions on the /usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp
directory, and it all works.

Now I just have to figure out how to build a "client only" package, and
I'll be in business...

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX, CISSP # 78281
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com