histlog issue for large sites

Olivier Beau olivier at qalpit.com
Thu Jul 21 12:29:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

until now, i haven't did much cleaning in my histlogs,
(i'll have to play with the trimhistory command)

basicly i would like to keep as much history as i can afford.

i have over 1 million files in my histlogs on my production bb server,
and just realized that i'm over 50% of used inodes (which could become of
probleme in less that a year in my case, soi'll plan to newfs that partition to
have more inodes..)

henrik : have you thought of managing the histlogs another way ?
(from my user point of view, i'ld need to have recent history (less that 30
days) quickly available; older history (over 30 days) is less important but i
would still like to have it online...)

--
Olivier Beau