[hobbit] Error messages

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jul 13 16:32:38 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

In <BEFA935A.59DE%dunne at accuweather.com> Michael Dunne <dunne at accuweather.com> writes:

>I built and installed the latest snapshot and it seems to correct the
>problem I wrote about previously. However, soon after installing Hobbit
>showed an alarm for hobbitd_rrd. The alarm is "Program Crashed Fata Signal
>Caught"

>My core file shows the following:

>/cores hobbit$ gdb ~/server/bin/hobbitd /cores/core.2764

Your command here is wrong - you're loading the "hobbitd" program into gdb,
but the crash happened with the hobbitd_rrd program. So the traceback doesn't
make sense.

"gdb ~/server/bin/hobbitd_rrd /cores/core.2764" should give a more meaningful
result.

I have one other report of a crash in hobbitd_rrd (or hobbitd_larrd, as it
has been called before), so there is some bug hiding in there.