[hobbit] --purplelifetime

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jul 13 10:15:49 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 11:16:25AM -0300, mario andre wrote:

> When I was running bbgen I used to configurate the
> --purplelifetime=600 , I know that this is deprecated now, my question
> is if exists a way to reduce the actual 30 minutes purplelifetime ?

Do you mean to get a status to go purple quicker than after 30 minutes ?
That is controlled by the tool that generates the status message,
usually the BB client or the Hobbit "bbtest-net" network test tool.

Hobbit just keeps track of when a status message is no longer valid,
according to the lifetime that was specified for the status message.

The option you mention actually defined how often a status that had gone
purple would be updated by bbgen. This is now done completely inside the
Hobbit daemon, so there is no involvement on the bbgen side anymore.