Newbie install questions

richard kennard richard.kennard at oxfordgenomesciences.com
Tue Jul 12 17:57:41 CEST 2005

Dear All,
Please forgive what (no doubt) will be very noddy level questions!

I'm running fedora core 4, and am trying to install hobbit.
I've installed rrd using the rpm (rrdtool-1.0.49-5.fc4.i386.rpm) and it
/appears/ to have installed.
When I attempt to run ./configure I get:

Checking for RRDtool ...
RRDtool include- or library-files not found. These are REQUIRED for hobbitd
RRDtool can be found at http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/
If you have RRDtool installed, use the "--rrdinclude DIR" and "--rrdlib DIR"
options to configure to specify where they are.

When I add the rrinclude and rrdlib lines (pointing to /usr/bin and
user/lib respectively) I get:

Checking for RRDtool ...
test-rrd.c:3:17: error: rrd.h: No such file or directory
test-rrd.c: In function ÔÇÿmainÔÇÖ:
test-rrd.c:26: warning: implicit declaration of function
ÔÇÿrrd_clear_errorÔÇÖ
test-rrd.c:30: warning: implicit declaration of function ÔÇÿrrd_graphÔÇÖ
make: *** [test-compile] Error 1
Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
test-rrd.c:3:17: error: rrd.h: No such file or directory
test-rrd.c: In function ÔÇÿmainÔÇÖ:
test-rrd.c:26: warning: implicit declaration of function
ÔÇÿrrd_clear_errorÔÇÖ
test-rrd.c:28: warning: implicit declaration of function ÔÇÿrrd_graphÔÇÖ
make: *** [test-compile] Error 1
ERROR: RRDtool include files found in /usr/bin, but compile fails.

Any advice would be much appeciated!
Also, is there an FAQ or archive somewhere?

Cheers!

Richard