Trends Graphs

Taylor, Robert Robert.Taylor at HendrickAuto.com
Tue Jul 12 12:47:49 CEST 2005

Henrik,

I have written a custom test to poll our Netbotz Wallbotz for the
temperature, humidity and dewpoint of our locations.  They report fine
into hobbit and I have managed to get their graphs into the trends page.

My question is: Every Wallbotz test will produce the same three graphs
of information.  Is there anyway to tell Hobbit that whenever there is a
Netbotz column to automatically put the three graphs on the trends page?
Right now I have to add the separate tests in the bb-hosts file through
the use of the LARRDS: option, but would simply like to have these
appear on their own.  I have included a snip of my bb-hosts file as an
example as well as my hobbitgraph.cfg file.

I poured through some of the older emails as well as the manual, but
didn't find any concrete.  I suspect that if this is possible I would
need to modify the source code to educate Hobbit about the Netbotz.

Thanks,
Robert

BB-Hosts
10.1.1.1     hostname.domainname      # testip netbotz
LARRD:*,netbotz:netbotz|netbotz1|netbotz2

hobbitgraph.cfg
[netbotz]
        TITLE Temperature
        YAXIS Farenheit
        --alt-autoscale
        DEF:temp=netbotz.rrd:temperature:AVERAGE
        LINE1:temp#CC3333:Temperature
        GPRINT:temp:LAST: \: %10.2lf F (cur)
        GPRINT:temp:MIN: \: %10.2lf F (min)
        GPRINT:temp:MAX: \: %10.2lf F (max)\n

[netbotz1]
        TITLE Humidity
        YAXIS Percentage
        --alt-autoscale
        DEF:humidity=netbotz.rrd:humidity:AVERAGE
        LINE1:humidity#3366CC:Humidity
        GPRINT:humidity:LAST: \: %10.2lf %% (cur)
        GPRINT:humidity:MIN: \: %10.2lf %% (min)
        GPRINT:humidity:MAX: \: %10.2lf %% (max)\n

[netbotz2]
        TITLE Dewpoint
        YAXIS Farenheit
        --alt-autoscale