[hobbit] Status Unavailable - again

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 11 13:08:59 CEST 2005

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 09:36:42AM +0000, Stefan Loos wrote:
> It would be great if you can put me in cc. If you want I can try to assist
> you. I'm at a point where I don't know what to try anymore. I think it
> isn't easy for Henrik to find this issue - I have no coredumps and nothing
> in the logfile what could help.

Yes, this is a really nasty problem. Vernon and I though we had it
nailed down by the end of last week, but there's more to it than
what we found then.

What kind of external scripts run on your clients, apart from the BB
client ? The current suspicion is that this is triggered by a status
message that is handled badly by Hobbit causing this lock-up. So I'm
trying to see if there might be something in common between your setups.

And what kind of system are you running Hobbit on ? If Linux, which
distribution ? Another suspicion I have is that this might be a
problem with the implementation of SysV IPC semaphores.